Create Your Own Unique Mobile Identity - Smsmeon



Have you ever imagined how it would be if you get a mobile short code with your own customization options for free? SMSMEON is a new venture which provides free mobile identity for cell phone users in India. Here you can get a short code with your own customized keyword and everything for free.

What a mobile identity means?

Mobile identity will be your own personal address on the mobile, which can be accessed by your friends & family, anywhere & anytime for sharing any information you desire and vice versa.
Still don’t understand ? Ok, let me explain. Sometimes you may have seen advertisements in TV’s, newspapers like ‘SMS cric to 58xxx’ to get the latest score or ‘SMS stocks to 58xxx’ to get the latest quotes etc.


You also find this type of messages in Television shows
where you have to register in order to participate in their program. Now the terms which we here like ‘cric’ and ’stocks’ are the Identities if their respective owners. In simple words, they are their keywords. When you make an SMS to the above message, you instantly get a reply with the information you requested for.

Now you too can have your own Mobile Identity. SMSMeON brings you the exact service you need to do this and guess what, its absolute free.

How does it work?

If you are accustomed to twitter then this looks just similar to that. First you search for an available keyword as I have done below and register for an account at SMSMeON with your mobile number and confirm it.



After signing up at SMSMEON.com you will be provided with a specific keyword which you can use with some welcome message or you may even write ‘about you’ on it. This short codes is similar to an E-mail id but you can use it as a mobile identity.
Suppose I created my Identity as ’mimobile’ and I’ll give my keyword to my friends, family well-wishers etc. From then on, I update my status, my presence etc using my SMSMeON account. If any of my friends want to know my details, my status they would simply send an SMS as mimobile to 56070 and get my latest update.



I, being the keyword owner also have the option of updating my status through my mobile phone so that I stay in touch with my friends even on the go.

You can drive traffic to your website and popularize it.Just register with your mobile number and enter the details about your site.
You can also track records for your desired keyword.Premium SMS charges applicable for every SMS at Rs 2. This website works only for indian users.

It has some Disadvantages
:

As usual, with many advantages this service too have got certain disadvantages. If you are a Reliance (CDMA) users, then this service is not for you. There’s some bug in this site which prevents Reliance users to complete registration, but for this you can use your friends mobile number to complete the registration process.

It does not have a support for two way communication. For example, if your friends use your short code they can only view your message and cannot drop in their message to you.

So try SMSMeON and have your own Mobile Identity.

Comments :

0 comments to “Create Your Own Unique Mobile Identity - Smsmeon”

Post a Comment